Search Keywords/Chapters

click here for Table of Contents

Hover over the yellow words in the chapter for at least 1 second to see the footnotes. Note that some footnotes will have link and will lead you to the link's source when clicked

February 13, 2021

Preface (Chapter 0)

Jiuyou, the place of the underworld

On the burnt red waste soil that was dyed with blood, broken limbs and decayed bodies were piled up. The lying corpses stretched to the horizon. The swords were broken, the flags were smashed, and Mount Luofeng, which was supposed to be a common boundary between humans and ghosts, became a Shura battlefield with an odor of putrefaction.

A dead silence-----

Suddenly, there was a gust of wind. The mournful wind whirled across the vast expanse of open ground as if a ghost was crying and howling in the dark night.

There was an unusual movement under the pile of corpses.

In the sky, several people were standing in the void, staring down as if they were facing a formidable enemy.

The eyes of the leader were gloomy. His lips were pursed and he remained silent.

The pile of corpses exploded with a loud bang. Black smoke shot out like an arrow, but when it fell to the ground, its body swayed. Perhaps it was an arrow at the end of its flight*.

The black smoke encircled a man. He was blood-soaked from head to toe, till even his face couldn't be seen clearly. Only a pair of vicious pupils that looked as fierce as an evil ghost could be seen.

He was tightly grasping a talisman in his bloody hand. The talisman was as green as jade and written with blood. That strange talisman was flashing with a red glow.

"Zong Zi Xiao, you summoned the Yin soldiers, invaded the Underworld, and broke the balance between the human and ghost realms. This goes against the laws of Heaven and it is an unforgivable sin. Hand over the Xuanyuan Heavenly Secret Talisman and surrender!"

Zong Zi Xiao slowly raised his hand. The jaded talisman which was flashing with a red glow made everyone flinched involuntarily. Only the leader's complexion remained cold like frozen water.

"If I hand over the talisman, will you return my big brother to me?" The voice was rebellious, cold, and filled with a murderous aura.

"If I bring Zong Zi Heng back to life, will you hand over the talisman?"

Zong Zi Xiao let out a sly laugh: "As expected from the Great Emperor Beiyin. If you didn't come, I would have immediately destroyed Jiuyou. I won't hand over the talisman, and you won't return my big brother to me. So, I've come to snatch it."

"Savage boy!" Great Emperor Beiyin became furious and released power equivalent to Mount Tai. "You forced the emperor to commit suicide, and now you barge into the Underworld alone, wanting to erase his name from the Book of Life and Death? Life and death are the Way of Heaven. The Underworld is the hub of the earth. How dare you, a mortal, be presumptuous!"

Zong Zi Xiao laughed, showing his sharp white teeth, yet two streaks of bloody tears streamed down his eyes. He said loudly: "Heaven ridicules me, I massacre the heaven. The earth rejects me, I slay the earth*-----"

The Xuanyuan Heavenly Secret Talisman's blood-glow flourished.

Behind him, thousands of Yin soldiers rose from the ground and stood, looking like a forest of trees.


----

Translator Thoughts:

PS: This is my first ever translation~ 

PPS: Currently changing all Song surname to Zong (except Song Chun Gui) (08/08/21)

an arrow at the end of its flight*[强弩之末]---strong force that has been exhausted

The earth rejects me, I slay the earth*[地不就我,我戮地]---original phrase is 山不来就我,我就山 (here, the mountain is replaced with earth) Original meaning is: If the other party can't take the initiative to cater to my ideas, I will take the initiative to cater to the other party's ideas.


Editor Thoughts:

Hello~ I'm the new translator Limit! I'll be re-editing the chapters from here on to make the flow better for readers! You might see my own thoughts as you read my thoughts but don't worry there are no spoilers! Everything here is based on my own thoughts as I edit the chapters~ I read as I edit and I don't read ahead so take whatever I comment with a pinch of salt kay! 

Leave a comment "Like" if you liked this chapter! 


Edited on 08 Mar. 21 (Emzie)

Edited on 03 Jun. 21 (Ari) ----change sentence structure and tenses

Edited on 17 Jun. 21 (Ari) ----additional footnote (most bottom)

Edited on 15 Jul 21 (Limit) 




Next Chapter→




19 comments:

  1. Ooofff, the prologue already hits hard..I smell countless of angst in future chapters. And dear translator, Ari-sama, I love your translation, very easy to read and understand. Thank you for picking up this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg tq tq tq tq tq so much for translating this!! I've been wanting to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waa thanks so much for the translation!! 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, for your first chapter, it's super great~ The translation is so clean. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already liking it! Thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The starting is very good and your translation is superb. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading 2ha this was recommended, i already like the prologue ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Dear! I'd like to ask for your permission. Is it possible for me to retranslate your translation of this novel into Burmese? Your translation is clear and easy to retranslate into my language. Hope you would response my request. Thank you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shit! I can't wait for the angst.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your hard work 🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the translation ! I've just started rhis novel and am looking foward to it😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great translation XD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the translation

    ReplyDelete
  14. The translation is perfect and thank you for picking this up

    ReplyDelete