Search Keywords/Chapters

click here for Table of Contents

Hover over the yellow words in the chapter for at least 1 second to see the footnotes. Note that some footnotes will have link and will lead you to the link's source when clicked

May 03, 2021

Chapter 151

The re-birth of a severed limb is obviously extremely painful, and Li Bu Yu was in so much pain that his whole face became twisted. Blood dripped from his broken arm, and the eerie sound of tendons and flesh tangling with each other made people shudder. He kept gasping for breath, his blue-grey lips chattered slowly, "Would you believe me if I said that I did all this because of you?"

Zong Zi Heng said fiercely, "Because, of, me?

"If you don't believe me, then ask that magical treasure of yours if this statement of mine is true or not."

"Cut the crap! Where is Zong Ming He's corpse, and why did you swap it!?"

Li Bu Yu laughed bitterly, "I did it for you, so that I could be near you, so that I could avenge you, so that you could get what you wanted ..."

"Shut up!" With a cold flash, the sword in Zong Zi Heng's hand was pressed against Li Bu Yu's throat. He was itching to cut Li Bu Yu alive, "Shameless, a pack of lies! For my sake, you destroyed my family, for my sake, you shattered my mother's soul, for my sake, you made me into a sinner who killed my father the emperor for eternity!"

"Am I the one who harmed you?" Li Bu Yu growled, "Was it me? Without me, would you have a loving father, a virtuous mother, and respectful brothers?!"

Zong Zi Heng was stunned.

"How did Zong Ming He treat you? Do you want me to help you recall? I used to visit my cousin and aunt at Wuji Palace when I was young. I watched you from one side. As the eldest prince, did anyone in the palace look up to you? Did anyone take you seriously? Even Zong Ming He, your own father, didn't he raise you for the sake of that core in your belly?!"

Zong Zi Heng staggered back a step: "You, how did you ..."

"You want to ask me how I know?" Li Bu Yu laughed hideously and morbidly, "He told me personally. That beast begged me before he died, just like he begged you not to kill him on the Eight Trigrams Platform. He begged me not to take his core. He asked me to take yours. He said you have an imperial destiny, and your core can make the best immortal core in the world called the 'Absolute Human Emperor ', hahahahaha ---- no wonder, no wonder you turned against each other and even fought against each other. If I don't kill him, will he be able to spare you when he heals?!"

Zong Zi Heng said with a shuddering voice, "You killed Zong Ming He for the sake of your Li family, for the sake of Wuliang Sect."

"That's right. That sinful beast, Zong Ming He, humiliated and fooled my aunt in every way, used and suppressed my Wuliang Sect, and my Li family was as if carrying a mountain on its shoulders for all these years. I thought everything would be fine until my cousin inherited the throne, but he was afraid of the power of Wuliang Sect, and wanted Zong Zi Xiao to succeed for fear that the state power would change hands. After what happened to both my cousin and Zong Zi Xiao, I thought he had no choice but to help you succeed, not realizing that he only wanted to dig up your core, so I had to kill him. For your sake, and for the sake of my Wuliang Sect."

"And Shen Shi Yao, was she really doing it for you? She did it so that she could strive for vindication and get back at Zong Ming He and my aunt! You used to be so gentle and modest that you had no intention for the throne at all, yet she did whatever she could to force you to go up, step by step. You were willing to carry the evil she did, was it caused by me?!"

"Shut up! Shut up!" Li Bu Yu's words gouged his heart like the death by a thousand cuts, Zong Zi Heng's eyes were bloodshot and the hand holding the sword trembled beyond recognition, "She was guilty, but sinners have the chance to redeem themselves, yet you scattered her soul."

"She deserved it." Li Bu Yu laughed sinisterly, "And also Zong Zi Xiao. He is the one who deserves to die the most. When I was young, he always gave me a supercilious look. How he humiliated me at the Jiaolong Assembly back then, and how he has humiliated you now, what I regret most is that I didn't send someone to kill him at the beginning!"

"You're so insane that you'd put him to death just for a disagreement you had as a teenager."

"Didn't he deserve to die? As a younger brother, he had lewd thoughts of his big brother, and he played with you, the dignified Human Emperor, like a prostitute. Doesn't he deserve to die?" Li Bu Yu growled, "I did lie to you, but without me, you probably would have ended up no better than you are now."

Zong Zi Heng was seized by his Qi and blood, and darkness appeared before his eyes immediately. The confrontation with Li Bu Yu had uncovered all the scars he had accumulated over the years. All the pain and despair and all the wounds that had already scabbed over were bloodily peeled away in the sunlight once again, baked by the scorching sun and battered by the wind and rain. He looked back and examined every stage of his life, shrouded in either clear or indescribable gloom, and realized that he was never expected, never loved, never had a choice, and never had freedom. His life was counted from the moment he was born. Until today, he was utterly isolated, and his family was destroyed. Whatever he did, or whatever he didn't do, will be against his wishes. He has nothing.

Li Bu Yu was right. Without Li Bu Yu, he could not have escaped from that kind of father and mother, and his and Xiao Jiu's fate was doomed to become a tragedy long ago.

He had done no evil, so why had fate treated him so harshly?

Zong Zi Heng's eyes were like two pools of stagnant water, distressed to the extreme, as if all that remained was numbness.

Li Bu Yu looked at Zong Zi Heng's ashen face, his voice already choked: "I lied to you, but I never thought of harming you. From the moment you saved me, I was willing to follow you for a lifetime, to embrace you as the Human Emperor, and to clear all obstacles for you."

Zong Zi Heng said grimly, "You are doing this for your own sake and you still try to use me to justify the evil you have done."

"It is true that I have a selfish heart, but my feelings for you are also true." Li Bu Yu said with tears in his eyes, "I have mediocre qualifications, and I have tried desperately to catch up with you, yet I am not half as good as Zong Zi Xiao. If I didn't use the human core to transform, I probably will not have the confidence to stand by your side for the rest of my life."

Zong Zi Heng was disgusted to the extreme, "You are extremely shameless."

"Yes, I am shameless. Who isn't shameless? Who doesn't have a selfish heart?" Li Bu Yu laughed twice in a low voice, "Xu Zhi Nan, do you trust Xu Zhi Nan so much that you even went up to Mount Shu with him to question me? Back then in the underground palace, he and Qi Meng Sheng clearly knew that I was there, knew that I had heard the secret of Zong Zi Xiao's birth, but which one of them told you, huh?"

Zong Zi Heng's body shook again.

"If you don't believe me, take your magical weapon and test him properly. Is he not selfish?"

Zong Zi Heng remembered that Xu Zhi Nan, at that time, had advised him more than once to fight for the crown prince's position and the throne, and he had never agreed to do so, could it be...

Li Bu Yu mocked, "Emperor, which one person around you doesn't have selfish motives? Is it not selfish that Xu Zhi Nan and Qi Meng Sheng want to prop you up to the throne? The supreme immortal core that Zong Zi Xiao has gone to great lengths to refine is in your belly, does he have this selfishness?"

Zong Zi Heng gritted his teeth and said, "You still want to stir up trouble when you're on the verge of death? Say, where exactly is Zong Ming He's corpse?"

"You still want to bury him in the ground?"

"I want to know exactly what you have done."

"What I have done?" Li Bu Yu said with hatred, "I made him suffer like hell for eternity."

"What have you done?"

Li Bu Yu smiled grimly, "If the Emperor really wants to know that much, why don't you let me go first?"

"You think I will let you go?" Zong Zi Heng shook the stick tube in his hand and the spiritual sticks clattered, "If you don't tell me, I'll ask myself."

 

 ----

PS: some people think LBY is disgusting, but what he said is actually true too. IMO, I don't really hate him. He really has genuine feelings for SZH (he didn't eye on SZH's core but SZX did), though the things he did are evil & ruthless. He really didn't think of harming SZH intentionally, but he didn't think that what he did will hurt him. So what you guys think of him? (3)

 

Edited on 3 May 21 (Emzie)

 

←Previous Chapter                                                                                                 Next Chapter→  



30 comments:

  1. I also agree with you. I don't think he was disgusting though the way he eyed him was but what he said was the truth and he never thought of harming SZH. He also didn't eye on his core unlike everyone else. If he hadn't killed his father and mother like that and done other heinous crimes I would want him to be with SZH instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think LYB was more suitable to be with SZH instead of SZX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same honestly - like SZX was selfish for himself and only himself, but at least LBY is also selfish in the sense that he'd do anything to help SZH...

      Delete
  3. He's still better than that damn SZX😒

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda ship them at the very bottom of my heart, LBY is very different from SZX that just continues to torture our mc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, i think of him as a moron. One has to be straight-forward and upfront. A gentleman like an orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry but I don't know how suddenly it is all of you shipping LBY with Ziheng when clearly LBY doesn't deserve to even stand near Ziheng!!!! LBY is worser than Zixiao!!! Do you guys think if he has the power, he wouldn't treat Ziheng the way Zixiao does???? He's so shameless for the fact that he uses the name of "love" to cover up for all his shameless desires. He ATE A HUMAN CORE! though it's of that disgusting human Zong MingHe! How is he different from ZMH himself???? He then killed Consort Shen for revenge!!!! He exposed Zixiao's real identity leading to an eternal love-hate entanglement between the brothers. Though it was all bound to happen.. anyone who has read clearly till now would understand.. All of the above mentioned 3 happened so quickly and Ziheng was caught off guard and his world crumbled! If it was some other time, maybe he would've avoided this calamity! In no means I defend Zixiao but I'm sure he'd be the one to regret it for all the rest of his lifetimes when he'll know about the truth. What about LBY? He'll continue making up excuses for his selfish desires. Please Do not compare Zixiao to him. I hope you all have read clearly and understood what Zixiao had gone through when he was just a 14 year old who was for a moment had everything and lost everything at the hands of the person he loved and adored the most! MY HEART ACHES FOR THESE TWO AND OTHERS DOESN'T DESERVE 1 BIT OF MY SYMPATHY. ESPECIALLY A CREEP LIKE LBY WHACK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUUU!!!!

      Delete
    2. YAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!! PREACH QUEEN/KING!👑👑👑👑

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Lol I think I like him a little bit more than ZZX cuz at least he hasn't straight up RAPED ZZH

      Delete
    5. ZZX Apologists??? Atleast he never coveted ZZH's golden core even he had all the powers IN THE LAST DECADE. Not like some others, saying that he love certain someone yet dared to covet ZZH's golden core and convincing himself it won't kill him. Yuck

      Delete
  7. I think they are all disgusting, ZZX as well as LBY. Nobody deserves ZiHeng. He'll be better by himself living his life away from all these crazy people n enjoying freedom, traveling the world n planting orchids. He is way too good for any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Nobody deserves my poor baby! I'll just hug him tightly until he finds someone who can match his beautiful heart.
      He is a bit indecisive, but he's always tried to do good.

      Delete
  8. Why everyone hate Zong Zixiao so much?
    Zong Zixiao WAS 14 YEARS OLD when his mother died in front of him

    Yes he did all those bad things to Zong Ziheng, but it is because misunderstanding. And did zzh even corrected zzx? Tell Zong Zixiao the truth?? No he didn't! If Zong Zixiao knew the truth, he would never do all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZZH made a mistake to not explain the situation to ZZX, but at this point I understand why he chose to stay silent... when ZZX was 14 it was more important for ZZH to keep him alive even if ZZX had to live in hiding, rather than share the burden with a boy. Big bro just wanted to protect him. Ten years later ZZX was already so blackened that it was impossible to tell the truth. ZZX probably wanted to end this karma with their final fight, let little bro win so he can achieve his revenge and purpose of life... little did our cinnamon roll known that ZZX will go and rape him. Now it's impossible to tell the truth. He still care about little bro so much and couldn't bring himself to be a victim *sigh* ����

      Delete
    2. But you know that doesn't justified what ZZX did to ZZH right? Even if it's a misunderstanding, if you have intact morality and humanity you wouldn't done those kind of things to the brother who took care of you since young age with his own bare hands. And even if ZZH confesses all the truth, would ZZX believe him in the first place when he's already lost if a deep hatred with ZZH. He is a stubborn pampered brat so he only think of himself and how he had suffered haha. Never did ZZX ever think or suspect that maybe all he knew about his big brother could be possibly not true. That only shows how selfish he is. And now he's eyeing ZZH core.

      Delete
  9. Ok I've decided. I can't bring myself to hate him. That confession was so pure, evil but pure 🤧

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really cant comment on this i dont know who i should side with but i feel soooooo sad with ZZH he is going through so much its too sad

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think none of them deserve ZZH. He should just be mine, honestly. I'd take care of him way better than these insects

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both ZZX and LBY are disgusting. LBY probably won't take his core but would've treated ZZH the same way ZZX does out of lust if he was talented and powerful like one of the comments said. As far as I've read, i only like Zhong Kui in this novel apart from ZZH. Others all can piss off. Xu Zhi Nan maybe better but still no.

    I won't agree with anyone defending ZZX. That boy is corrupt in his mind since his birth. Sure he cared for his big brother but for his own selfish reasons only. He never cared how his brother was disrespected by his family and mistreated compared to him. ZZX was pampered and spoiled until 14 he doesn't deserve any empathy. He just blindly believed all the rumours and never once tried to find the truth. Bruh he have all demonic weapons he could've summoned his father's soul and verified it. Least he could've confronted Zi Heng and asked atleast once if everything was the truth. He is better off as a villian and as same as LBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But this doesn't change that ZZH is a rapist and LBY is not.

      Delete
  13. I kinda ship ZZH with LBY, he is a better option than ZZX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Certainly a complicated character. Compared to those who only coveted zzh for his core, I suppose he has a leg up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Olha, não dá pra discordar das coisas que o Buyu disse e ele foi o único que realmente fez o Ming He sofrer o que merecia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't hate ZZX and also LBY, bcz they're bad and good in their own way. I just think that maybe, whatever LBY did might be right in a sense, but he shouldn't have eaten the Emperor's core. True he kinda avenged ZZH, but eating the Emperor's core was very wrong for him. And he's also kinda responsible for ZZX's downfall.

    ReplyDelete