Search Keywords/Chapters

click here for Table of Contents

Hover over the yellow words in the chapter for at least 1 second to see the footnotes. Note that some footnotes will have link and will lead you to the link's source when clicked

May 04, 2021

Chapter 153

When he returned to the guest room, Zong Zi Xiao hugged his big brother and kissed him solidly, and then rested his face on the crook of his big brother's neck, and said unhappily, "Kunlun is really too cold."

He knew that Kunlun was really cold.

Zong Zi Xiao said indignantly, "That demonic girl Qi Meng Sheng, their Cangyu Sect's magical treasure is really powerful. That kind of cold is hard to withstand even with spiritual power, no wonder they can develop and grow without interference outside the Pass. Who would want to go to that damn place?"

"You still went anyway."

"I went, and I made sure to make the trip worthwhile, so I took a lot of ice crystals with me." Zong Zi Xiao curled his lips into a smile, "Ice crystals are really good things. They contain a huge amount of spiritual energy left behind by the celestial beings back then. If there were enough of them, they could even create another cave."

Zong Zi Heng lowered his head, looking distracted. After all, he felt that he had died once today. Below this numb expression is a howling fierce wind.

"What's wrong with you?" Zong Zi Xiao touched his face, "Looking so listless. I haven't punished you yet, and you already got scared?"

Zong Zi Heng swept him a faint glance, his eyes were waveless like stagnant water.

Zong Zi Xiao frowned, "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Xu Zhi Nan and Li Bu You said something to you, right?" Zong Zi Xiao mocked, "Like persuading you to join forces against me?"

"No."

"Do you really think I don't know those shenanigans are feigning compliance?" Zong Zi Xiao smiled coldly, "Big brother don't be confused. We are a family. With me around, you can sit firmly on the Zong Clan's kingdom."

Zong Zi Heng felt ridiculous, what's so valuable about being a puppet emperor and living without dignity?

"You sent Zong Zhong Ming away and left the palace without permission, I can not argue with you." Looking at his big brother's dazed expression, Zong Zi Xiao felt really uncomfortable in his heart. It was only a few days since they had seen each other, yet his big brother seemed to have aged. Not in appearance, but in his eyes, which were even more dejected and dull than before. Ever since he returned to Daming, his big brother only seemed to smile briefly when he was with Zong Zhong Ming, and no matter how jealous and envious he was, he could not change that fact, so there was a need for Zong Zhong Ming to stay by their side, "When we return, fetch Zong Zhong Ming back."

Zong Zi Heng quickly looked at Zong Zi Xiao, "What do you want to do?"

Zong Zi Xiao said impatiently, "What can I do? Since he is your son, of course he should stay by your side."

"I have decided to hand him over to my fifth brother to raise. The sea and the sky are boundless outside the palace, he will have more freedom."

"When he grows up he can naturally go out and travel, how can he be willing to leave you now?" Zong Zi Xiao said forcefully, "Pick him up or I'll take action."

"What the hell do you want to do?" Zong Zi Heng said in a deep voice.

Zong Zi Xiao was very tired of his big brother, looking as if facing an enemy to everything he did. He was also annoyed, "If he is your son, he is my son too. I want him to be our son."

Zong Zi Heng looked stunned at Zong Zi Xiao.

Zong Zi Xiao pursed his lips in annoyance and said with some awkwardness, "Last time I said I want to do this and that to him, but this was just to scare you. Do I still need to blackmail you with a little kid? Pick him up and we can raise him well."

"... Don't indulge in fantasy. You clearly hated him before and said he was the seed of the Hua family. You are willing to raise a son for the Hua family?"

"Why can't I raise him if you can? Didn't you like that brat? Why do you have to send him away? I already said I won't do anything to him."

Zong Zi Heng was silent for a moment, "He shouldn't be trapped in the Wuji Palace too."

Zong Zi Xiao smiled instead of being angry: "'too'? Does that mean that I trapped you in Wuji Palace? That is the Wuji Palace that you did whatever it took to become the master of. If I were to say 'trapped', it was you who trapped yourself."

"You're right, it was me who trapped myself." Zong Zi Heng murmured softly in a low voice.

"Don't talk to me about such useless things. If you refuse to bring him back, I will send someone to look for him. If Zong Zi Yun refuses to let him go, don't blame me for being ungracious."

Zong Zi Heng clenched his fist.

"Big brother, you and I will never have an heir of our own in our lifetime." Zong Zi Xiao gently turned his brother's face, his jade-like skin was unnaturally pale. He was clearly a man of great strength, yet he had a unique fragility that could be shattered at the slightest touch, which fascinated him extremely, "So, Zong Zhong Ming is our son. In future, we'll be a family."

The word "family" made Zong Zi Heng's heart tremble. This was different from the family Zong Zi Xiao had spoken of before, which referred to the Zong clan, but this family was talking about the three of them. A "family" like the closest direct blood family members in the world, the Zong Zi Heng and Zong Zi Xiao in the past. These three words made Zong Zi Heng inexplicably sad. He concealed his expression by turning his face away, "You can't find them, I can't find them either." Although Zong Zi Yun's cultivation was not as good as theirs, the sky and land were so big that hiding for a period of time was not a difficult task.

"I can find them." Zong Zi Xiao snorted coldly, "I will definitely get him back."

Zong Zi Heng pursed his lips, feeling vaguely worried.

"When he returns, I can personally teach him swordplay and lead him in cultivation." Zong Zi Xiao poked the corner of his big brother's mouth with his fingertip, "Be happy. I know you want him to stay in the palace. You and I will raise him together. If he falls short, I will certainly admonish him a little. If he feels aggrieved, he might go to you to complain tearfully, and you cannot spoil him." As he spoke, a picture of a "family of three" sharing a family bond came to his mind, and a warmth suddenly flooded his heart. He was so ashamed to say the plot of his fantasy out loud, but that's what he wanted. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with his big brother like that. His lips couldn't help but bring a smile to the corners, "You and I would probably make a 'strict father and loving mother' pair."

"Don't talk nonsense." Zong Zi Heng rebuked.

Zong Zi Xiao gave a flirtatious evil smile, "But you are my woman."

"Get lost." Zong Zi Heng pushed him away.

Zong Zi Xiao pulled him into his arms again, "What are you angry about? You haven't seen me for many days. Big brother didn't miss me at all?"

Zong Zi Heng did not even look at him.

"But I miss big brother." Zong Zi Xiao lowered his head, gave a shallow kiss on his big brother's hair and chuckled, "Kunlun is so cold, I just want to hug big brother and sleep together at night. Did big brother feel cold and want me to hug you too when you are alone in Wuji Palace?"

"But I didn't expect you weren't even waiting for me at Wuji Palace, instead you ran to Mount Shu, but no matter where you go, big brother's body will always think of me, right?" Zong Zi Xiao pushed his big brother into his arms, and their two lower halves were pressed tightly together.

Zong Zi Heng's body immediately tensed up.

"Kunlun is so cold. I really want to plunge my baby into big brother's body to warm it up too."

"That's enough of you." Zong Zi Heng said angrily, "Speaking these filthy words all day long, it's simply ..."

Zong Zi Xiao chuckled non-stop, "I like to see big brother being shy."

"Let go of me."

"I won't let go." Zong Zi Xiao clamped down on his struggle, "If you move again, are you trying to provoke me to fuck you in the middle of the day at Wuliang Sect?"

Immediately, Zong Zi Heng stopped moving.

"I'd like to, but I'm afraid you're too thin-skinned and will be too angry to eat anything." Zong Zi Xiao pinched his big brother's cheeks, "It's been difficult to plumpen you up, hasn't it?"

"You know it's broad daylight. Whatever you want to say, let go of me first before talking." Zong Zi Heng endured and said in a tone of negotiation. Zong Zi Xiao was used to being unreasonable and wilful. He was really afraid that if he clung to him like this, and a fire sparked, Zong Zi Xiao would change his mind.

"I will hug big brother and say it." Zong Zi Xiao got the ice crystal and was in a good mood, even Zong Zi Heng's disobedience and indifference didn't really make him angry, "You know, this time when I went to Kunlun, I did one more thing."

"..."

"Ask me what it was." Zong Zi Xiao gently nibbled on his big brother's neck.

"What was it?"

"I left Wuya* in Fenglin Continent."

Zong Zi Heng became really curious at this point, "Why?" Wherever Zong Zi Xiao appeared, the demon foal was always with him.

"To say the least, it's because of you."

"What do you mean?"

"When I fought with Qi Meng Sheng, Wuya fell to the bottom of Fengming Lake. Later I went to the bottom of the lake to look for it. It said that the lake water had brought back some of its memories and reminded it of Wujiang. It had accompanied me all the way and now it wanted to return to Wujiang to protect its old master. I wanted to grant its wish, but I received a report that you had disappeared from Wuji Palace, so I had to rush back."

"What does that have to do with you leaving it at the bottom of Fengming Lake?"

"Fengming Lake is the cave of Cangyu Sect, where spiritual energy is abundant. Its cultivation can be greatly enhanced there. I will return to Kunlun soon to refine a core at Shen Nong Ding, so it is not too late to take it away then."

Zong Zi Heng pondered for a moment, "Opening the Shen Nong Ding once is laborious and costly. How sure are you that you dare to venture out and open the furnace?"

"It was true last time, but if the fire is quenched with an ice crystal, the furnace fire will burn very well, and it will also shorten the time for the alchemy considerably. In the past, when all the great sects wanted to go to Shen Nong Ding to quench something, they had to be charged a fee by the Cangyu Sect. Cangyu Sect only sent a few elders and brought a few ice crystals to help, but those ice crystals did work wonders. Now that I have brought so many ice crystals from the bottom of Fengming Lake, there is no reason not to try it."

"Even if you can shorten the time for refining, you can't recover the base material that you put into the furnace. If it doesn't work the first few times, are you going to empty the immortal cultivation world of its hidden treasures?"

"And how do you know it won't work?" Zong Zi Xiao hummed lightly, "Ran Xing Wen said that he had already found a way to refine the core. If he could use the Shen Nong Ding, he would be seventy or eighty percent sure."

Zong Zi Heng's heart trembled slightly as he lowered his brows to hide the pain in his eyes, "So, did you find that base material that he wanted for him?"

Zong Zi Xiao froze for a moment, remembering the horn of some foreign beast he had casually made up on New Year's Eve.

"Can that rare base material really treat all the worldly treasures as common things, and can help you refine a supreme immortal core?" Zong Zi Heng's eyes stared vacantly into the void, the white kernels of his eyes gradually crawling with trails of blood vessels.

"Hm." Zong Zi Xiao gave a perfunctory response and his gaze sank. If he couldn't refine the core he wanted with the ice crystal added to the Shen Nong Ding, what should he do? His hand rested unconsciously on his big brother's abdomen. The thing that would help him attain the Great Dao was just a thin layer of skin and flesh away, but he dared not think about it.

He couldn't bear to. He wanted the white flesh to be the same as before, his big brother to be the same as before.

Zong Zi Heng also felt that hand, which seemed to have a will of its own, measuring the depth of his skin and flesh, which was the exact location of his dantian, just waiting for the right moment to gut him and dig away his lifelong cultivation alive.

Despair engulfed him.


----

Wuya* ---- SQC finally changed to Wuzhui [乌骓] instead of Wuya [乌鸦], idk if I should continue calling Wuya or Wuzhui LOL. I'll stick to Wuya okay? SQC FINALLY notice her mistake after so many chapters... But I'm too lazy to go through all the past chapters and change them.

 

Edited on 4 May 21 (Emzie)

 

←Previous Chapter                                                                                                 Next Chapter→   



1 comment:

  1. Please raise a baby in present life too. His description of their family was beautiful 🤧

    ReplyDelete