Search Keywords/Chapters

click here for Table of Contents

Hover over the yellow words in the chapter for at least 1 second to see the footnotes. Note that some footnotes will have link and will lead you to the link's source when clicked

May 23, 2021

Chapter 199

"You are worried about me escaping? My sword and soul weapon are in your hands. I will definitely return."

"Official Lord Cui is a strict disciplinarian, justly and selfless. The world knows it. How could he abuse the Book of Life and Death in order to catch the red-clad ghost king? It's just your wishful thinking. Even if he would, I don't want it." Qi Meng Sheng said coldly, "How many years of life can he add to my life? Few years? Few decades? It's just an utterly inadequate measure. But if I can reshape my body with the ice crystal, I can almost live forever."

Xie Bi An also knew that this excuse was unlikely to fool Qi Meng Sheng, but only when he met Qi Meng Sheng could he make his next move: "If you really want my core, why didn’t you dig it up yet? Keeping me is to guard against the Supreme Demon, right?"

"As I said, without the Heavenly Secret Talisman, he is just an immature child." Qi Meng Sheng narrowed her eyes, "But that ghost king, his limits and purpose are unknown. I must be on guard."

"He has been hibernating around you for so many years, and you didn’t even notice." Xie Bi An sneered, "Plus, he was raised by you."

"..." Qi Meng Sheng didn’t speak, but her malicious eyes gave away her anger instantly.

"You were fooled by him, lost all your efforts, did the dowry for others*, and lost your trusted aide in pain. This is not a good feeling, right?"

Qi Meng Sheng hit the table fiercely. A bunch of schemes, many strategies, not hesitating to become the enemy of the whole immortal cultivation world, yet failed to achieve any success, and it’s also because of the betrayal of her own people. This kind of resentment only a few people can bear. Stung by the pain, her shame turned to anger and she roared: "Shut up! If they hadn't been careless, I wouldn't have ..."

There was a flash of surprise in Xie Bi An's eyes. "They were careless"? Who? Could it be that she was talking about Yun Xiang Yi?

Qi Meng Sheng felt she lost her composure, took a deep breath and looked at Xie Bi An with a chilly look, "It is not in the emperor's best interest to anger me. You’re on your own." She got up and wanted to leave.

"Qi Meng Sheng." Xie Bi An said, "Do you still remember what you said to me in the cave?"

Qi Meng Sheng had her back facing him and stopped in her tracks.

"You said you wanted my core to save Cheng Yan Zhi."

Qi Meng Sheng slowly turned her head. Not knowing whether she was looking at Xie Bi An, or looking elsewhere, her eyes were obscure and difficult to understand.

"Now it seems that Cheng Yan Zhi is just an excuse. You are just doing it for your own sake."

"Cheng Yan Zhi is just a living dead person. It's a waste to save him with the Absolute Human Emperor." Qi Meng Sheng said coldly, "I am the rare one in the world, the ultimate pride who may truly attain ascension."

"Then what use do you have in keeping his body?" Xie Bi An said, "You should know that the real Cheng Yan Zhi is already dead, and the soul that is sleeping in that body is Xu Zhi Nan."

This time, Qi Meng Sheng was silent for a long time before she said in a mocking tone, "Just for old times' sake."

"How nice, for old times' sake." Xie Bi An snorted coldly, "You've mixed between the two and used their love for you to the fullest. You can instruct the Flying Plume Ambassadors to break into Luojinwu, steal the Seven Star Lamp, switch the Golden Carved Jade Suit, and are unable to detach from Xu Zhi Nan's former trust in you. Your talented cultivation aside, this trickery and ruthlessness is indeed the world…”

Qi Meng Sheng spun on the spot, and a cold hand choked Xie Bi An’s neck from a distance.

Xie Bi An tilted his chin. His gaze coming down from his neck had a slight chill coming up. He looked unperturbed. Last time he couldn't say these mean words and wasn't good at digging into people's pain, but Zong Zi Heng could. Recovering the memories of his previous life brought him not only pain and lessons, but also sobriety and coldness.

Qi Meng Sheng put away her hand and slammed the door.

Xie Bi An held his painfully numb neck and sat down.

Is there any way to escape? There must be a way. He thought about it. Since Qi Meng Sheng was so stubborn, might as well try Hua Xiang Rong.

---

Xie Bi An took a whole night to unlock the sealed chakra. The spell Qi Meng Sheng had cast on him should not have been so easily undone, but Zong Zi Heng’s memories made him familiar with this trick.

After waking up from a nightmare and being under Qi Meng Sheng's house arrest for a long time, Xie Bi An tried to escape for the first time.

But with a strong boundary and guards outside, he was discovered unarmed without surprise and managed to lure Hua Xiang Rong out while under siege.

Hua Xiang Rong finally caught a chance to take revenge on him. Without seriously injuring him, she humiliated and tortured him extremely, beating him until his whole body was covered with wounds and his clothes were stained with blood.

Hua Xiang Rong seemed to hate him to the extreme. There was even some craziness in her. Even the guard had to remind her not to hurt him fatally, only then did she stop her increasingly fierce moves, but this move was put away so quickly that her hood fell onto her shoulder under the big movement.

The crowd looked at her head in astonishment. Originally a head of black hair like clouds had disappeared. Now there was only a short stubble.

Hua Xiang Rong put the hood over her head in a panic, and kicked Xie Bi An back into the house, closing the door behind her fiercely.

Xie Bi An was lying on the ground mobilizing his spiritual energy to repair the dozens of wounds on his body. Fortunately most of them were flesh wounds, otherwise he would not have been able to heal for a while.

Hua Xiang Rong walked step by step to Xie Bi An, and she stepped on the wound on his thigh and crushed it hard.

Xie Bi An’s face was blue and white, only letting out a muffled grunt through biting his lips.

"I warned you last time. You really overestimated yourself." Hua Xiang Rong sneered, "So what if you’re the reincarnated Human Emperor? So what if you’re the White Impermanence? You still dare to misbehave when you’ve landed in great aunt’s hands?"

Xie Bi An took a breath and said, "Your hair was burned away by the fire of Shen Nong Ding, right?"

Hua Xiang Rong's eyes shone with an ominous glint.

"Not caring about anything and jumping into Shen Nong Ding. Even if you snatched back your senior sister, it would only be a corpse."

"You seek death!" Hua Xiang Rong put her two fingers together, and an ice pick was against Xie Bi An’s throat.

Xie Bi An said calmly: "Even your master wouldn't dare to kill me."

"She doesn't dare, but I dare." Hua Xiang Rong looked at Xie Bi An from above, "I have no more desire for this earth. If it’s not for my sister's wish for me to be filial to my master, I would have killed you right now." Her expression did not look like she was bluffing in the slightest. She really had the thought of killing him.

"You really have a deep love for your senior sister, even more than for your master."

Hua Xiang Rong withdrew her hand, took a few steps back, and said coldly, "It was senior sister who picked me up and brought me home, and it was also senior sister who brought me to cultivate. With my talent, master won’t admire me. Accepting me as a disciple and letting me have a place in Cangyu Sect were all because of senior sister."

Xie Bi An endured the pain, climbed up from the ground and sat down on a chair with difficulty. He no longer beat around the bush and said straight out, "Do you want to take revenge for your senior sister?"

Hua Xiang Rong glared at Xie Bi An: "My sister died at the hands of the Red Ghost King, but the one who forced her to death, each and every one of you is to blame. If I want to take revenge, shouldn't I chop you up first?"

"As you said, the first person you should take revenge on is your master." Xie Bi An sneered, "If it wasn't for Qi Meng Sheng's perverse actions and became the enemy of the world, how would your senior sister die?"

Hua Xiang Rong's cherry lips lightly pursed. Her jaw tensed and did not say anything.

"In fact, you know in your heart who should be blamed for your senior sister's death the most."

"You want to sow discord?" Hua Xiang Rong stared gloomily at him, "I promised my senior sister that I would be wholeheartedly filial and assist my master, so I will never have second thoughts. You haven't lived as long as I have in two lifetimes combined. Stop acting smart."

"So, you are not going to avenge your senior sister? That Yun Zhong Jun who betrayed your master and sect ripped out your senior sister's heart ..."

"Shut up!" Hua Xiang Rong's face had a few grimaces of pain, "He is not Yun Zhong Jun at all. When he was a teenager, Yun Zhong Jun was not like that. We have felt that he was unusual a long time ago, we just did not expect that he had been replaced by the red-clothed ghost king. Of course I want to avenge my senior sister. My only purpose for living is to cut him to pieces!"

"You want to avenge your senior sister, I also want to kill the Red King to avenge my master." Xie Bi An stared at Hua Xiang Rong, "You can't find him on your own. He's a ghost, not a human. But I can."

Hua Xiang Rong was silent.

"Qi Meng Sheng doesn't want to confront the Red King or the Supreme Demon, nor does she want to avenge your senior sister. She only cares about getting the Absolute Human Emperor. She hasn't killed me now nor has taken my core. She’s only using me as a bargaining chip. The only person in this world who cares about your senior sister's death is you."

"What do you want to do?"

"I want you to help me escape." Xie Bi An said with certainty, "I will definitely kill Jiang Qu Lian. This is not only to avenge my master, but also my adjudication on the traitor as an Underworld General."

Hua Xiang Rong gritted her teeth and slowly shook her head, "Impossible, I will not betray my master. I swore to my senior sister before." She didn't wait for Xie Bi An to say anything further and walked away quickly.

Xie Bi An panted out a long breath.

 

----

did the dowry for others*[为他人做嫁衣]--- A person worked so hard, yet did not get any benefits, but instead contributed to the benefits of others.

 

Edited on 23 May 21 (Emzie)

 

←Previous Chapter                                                                                            Next Chapter→         



2 comments:

  1. Oh Bi An, Really zong kui death was only on red ghost king n not on Wu She whom together with red ghost planned for years deceiving Zong Kui n everybody?..such weak personality dear author..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He needs help to deal with JQL. But dealing with ZZX is something he can do on his own. Just like HXR wants to take revenge personally, he also has to do the same.
      And, just as QMS said, ZZX is just an adolescent, he doesn't have the power he once did. He doesn't have the two heavenly treasures. He doesn't pose as much threat to the world as JQL.

      Delete