Search Keywords/Chapters

click here for Table of Contents

Hover over the yellow words in the chapter for at least 1 second to see the footnotes. Note that some footnotes will have link and will lead you to the link's source when clicked

May 29, 2021

Chapter 217

Xie Bi An's face is sullen like a pool of water that cannot be looked into: "I will not help you, because you are full of lies. If I don't go back to the underworld tonight, Official Lord Cui will be suspicious and will send the Yin servants to find me. Tomorrow, Brother Lan will also come to Fengdu. If you don't let me go, you will definitely be exposed."

"... You still call him Brother Lan? He is your great-grandson." Fan Wu She said in a vicious voice.

"It's true that he is a descendant of Zhong Ming, but it's not like I watched him grow up. He watched me grow up."

"Then the family status cannot be different too. He should kneel down and call you great grandpa since he knows the truth. You still call him 'big brother', you ..."

"This is our family matter, what does it matter to you?" Xie Bi An interrupted him.

This statement made Fan Wu She more annoyed: "'Family matter’? How is your matter with him a family matter? If it is a family matter, then it naturally concerns me. I am Zong Zhong Ming's ninth uncle, and Lan Chui Han should call me ninth grandpa."

"That's enough. Whether it's the Zong Clan or the Lan family, it has nothing to do with you." Xie Bi An said coldly, "If you don't leave, don’t ever think of leaving Fengdu alive."

Fan Wu She grabbed his chin and threatened, "If you dare to say it has nothing to do with me again, I will make you unable to get out of bed until tomorrow night."

"You!"

Fan Wu She admired the handsome face in his hand. Big brother's jaw was slender. His skin was like jade, which is gentle and delicate. He has a pair of black and bright eyes like a deer, which has an aura of reverence when serious, but when he smiled, he was like a blooming Haitang*. Everything around him became a verdant and lush spring day, making people feel like bathing in a breeze.

Being his junior brother for those three years, enjoying his gentleness and consideration and the mutual love for each other, was really like a compiled dream.

Now, he refuses to smile at him again. Just like in his previous life, giving the best without reservation, and then taking it all back without mercy.

Fan Wu She couldn’t hide his disappointment. He said gloomily: "Do you believe I will kill him?"

"On what basis?" Xie Bi An said indignantly.

"On the basis that you call him brother. I am your younger brother."

"I don't want to talk to you about these useless things. Let me go, or do you want to attract the Yin servants?!"

"Yeah, I am thinking of meeting Official Lord Cui. What can he do? Cross my life out with a few strokes?"

"Official Lord Cui won't abuse the Book of Life and Death, but he is a judge appointed by the Great Emperor Beiyin himself, and he temporarily manages all the affairs of the Underworld while the Emperor is in seclusion. He can deploy all the forces of the Underworld. Whether it’s you or Jiang Qu Lian, don’t ever think of escaping again."

Fan Wu She let out a meaningful "Oh": "Dare I ask the Impermanence Immortal if Jiang Qu Lian was caught, how will he be dealt with?"

"The Red King has a special status and should be judged jointly by the Ten Yanluo Halls, be set a sentence and put into Hell." Xie Bi An said with hatred, "He has sinned so much. He must enter the infernal hell, and perhaps he needs to reincarnate into the Hell Path.”

"What about me?" Fan Wu She looked deep into Xie Bi An's eyes, "If you catch me, what will you do to me?"

Xie Bi An was stunned and speechless for a moment.

"I escaped from the Hell Path and was reborn as a human, but I haven't harmed anyone in this life. How will you judge me?" Fan Wu She came closer to Xie Bi An, and used the tip of his nose to gently rub his cheek. His voice carried a bit of bewitching, "Beat me back to hell, and let me suffer torture and cruel treatment again?"

"... You will have Yanluo to judge you."

"I want to know how you want to punish me." Fan Wu She sought his lips and kissed it shallowly, "Let me hear how much you hate me, how much you resent me. How do you want to torture me? Do you want me to be thrown into the Hell Path and be a lonely and wild ghost who loses his mind forever? Or give me a quick death and simply let my soul..."

"That's enough!" Xie Bi An couldn't listen to this anymore and violently pushed Fan Wu She away, "What kind of punishment you receive, it is you, you are the one to blame!" He had no way to think about this, because once he thought about it deeply, he would soon realize that no matter how much hate he felt when he thought about this person, he had never thought about revenge.

This was true in his previous life, and it was also true in this life.

How would he dare to admit it? When he knew that this person had escaped from the Hell Path, he even felt relieved. If he had not lost the most important master in this world because of this, he could have faced the reunion in this life openly, even if the two had to retrace their destiny from their previous lives.

After all, the final choice he made in his previous life, how much was for the world and how much was for Xiao Jiu, can no longer be distinguished.

He was torn between morality and affection. Not only can he not ignore all the people, but he also cannot give up his beloved younger brother. He’s indecisive with no room to advance or to retreat* and has spun a cocoon around himself*.

Such a ridiculous, sad and lamentable life, yet he’s asked to start over again.

Starting over again, he still has a love-hate dilemma.

"What?" Fan Wu She sneered, "Is it that you don't dare to say it in front of me? With the amount of vicious words you've said to me, what’s the difference with these few words?"

Xie Bi An gasped and said in a hoarse voice, "If you don't want to die or receive the harshest judgment after death, you should cherish this stolen life, conceal your identity and don’t do evil again.”

"Then will you come with me, and go into seclusion with me?"

"No way." Xie Bi An said stiffly.

"Then it's impossible for me too." Fan Wu She's gaze was gloomy, "I don't have to hide or sneak around. As long as I get the Heavenly Secret Talisman, the Heavenly Secret Talisman will get everything else for me."

"You can't get it." Xie Bi An's intonation was calm with obstinacy.

"It’s not up to you to decide." Fan Wu She stood up and princess carried Xie Bi An.

"What are you going to do this time!?"

"Enjoy the flowers." Fan Wu She carried Xie Bi An to the orchid garden, sat down at the pavilion, and sat his big brother on his lap just like in his previous life, it seemed that he really wanted to enjoy the flowers.

There were prepared refreshments on the stone table. The tea was still steaming, and there were four or five kinds of snacks that were all his favorites, and there were two among the rest that could only be obtained by traveling across the north and south of Fengdu City. He was encircled by Fan Wu She around his waist embarrassingly, pressed onto his lap and was unable to move. He said, "Where are Uncle Liu and the others?"

"The back kitchen." Fan Wu She picked up a piece of a snack and brought it to Xie Bi An's lips, "They’re alive and well. Here, have a taste."

"What are you doing?" Xie Bi An stared at him with cold eyes.

"Enjoying flowers with you, doing what lovers would do." Fan Wu She said frankly.

"Did you not listen to a single word I said? If I don't return to the underworld today ..."

Fan Wu She took the opportunity to stuff the snack into Xie Bi An's open mouth.

Xie Bi An stared at Fan Wu She and swallowed in embarrassment.

Fan Wu She laughed: "I have my own ideas, you don't have to worry."

Xie Bi An's mind was filled with doubts. Why is Fan Wu She so calm? With his current ability, he can never be the opponent of the entire underworld. This must be another plot.

But Fan Wu She seems to be really confident, feeling happy and pleased to enjoy the flowers. With both arms around Xie Bi An slender waist and his chin resting on his shoulder, and rubbing his lips against his cheek and neck from time to time "Introduce the flowers to me. I still remembered a few things when I was a child. Now everything has been forgotten."

"... what exactly are you plotting?"

"I recognize Dangshanhe. Hmph. What about that strain, the blue one?"

"Before the sun sets, I must return to the Underworld."

"When I was a child you always made me all kinds of scented pouches. Lavender, mosquito repellent, and for sleeping. Make one for me now."

"Fan Wu She."

"Mm." Fan Wu She answered, and then turned his head to kiss his lips. A meticulous kiss.

Xie Bi An's hands were against Fan Wu She's chest. His hands were held again and pressed onto his thighs. The closer he got to this body, the more he realized how tall and strong it was. That undulating muscles and the beating heartbeat were like trapping him in a warm and solid cage. He wanted to escape and didn't want to escape.

 

----

PS: I paid 丹可_Danke on Twitter for an art commission on this chapter. Y'all can have a look in hereAny amount donated to my ko-fi will be used to pay for WCJ art commission.

Haitang* [海棠]---a species of crabapple tree with pink blossoms 

 

 no room to advance or to retreat* [进退维谷]--- without any way out of a dilemma / trapped / in an impossible situation

spun a cocoon around himself*[作茧自缚]--- enmeshed in a trap of one's own devising/hoist by his own petard

 

Edited on.... I just noticed didn't say all those months ago sooooo, who knows when I edited this XD: (Emzie)

 

 ←Previous Chapter                                                                                             Next Chapter→



13 comments:

  1. Please I beg you both of you!! There is still a chance to stop all evil and be at peace! Please go to seclusion and just love each other damn it. I am sick of all your love-hate problems. If you both love hate each other then pls just go to seclusion ,be at peace and just stop hating each other already. JUST LOVE EACH OTHER DAMN IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREE! AGREE!! AGREE!!! Stop inflicting others and themselves..

      Delete
    2. Aye. Aye. If these 2 love each other, the world will actually be at peace! 😂😂

      Delete
  2. 'he wanted to escape but didn't want to escape'

    i see... 👀

    ReplyDelete
  3. They need to clear all the misunderstandings first to be able to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never hurt anyone... so the big brother isn't even a person? And dear big brother, if you like it then just say it! For once be "selfish" cry and air out your grievance already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with zzx just both of you go to seclucion

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZZX is obviously letting the underworld know ZZH is his hostage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this calmness means ZZX is now ready for redemption arc?? awuu give ittt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the more i read the more mad i get bro 😭😭 I’m sick of ZZX, the only way i want this story to end is ZZH killing him. I’m so close to the end and I’ve invested so much time that i would hate myself if i stopped now but bro 😭😭 the dynamic is terrible

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just TALK TO EACH OTHER. PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just go into seclusion or run away... If you both are together the world will be at peace... If ZZH wanted, he could've controlled ZZX and saved the world without having to fight😂🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lmaoooo the comments got me dying. Not y'all being so fed up with the two of them and their nonsense you'd rather they just dissappear together and leave everyone in peace 🤣

    ReplyDelete