Search Keywords/Chapters

click here for Table of Contents

Hover over the yellow words in the chapter for at least 1 second to see the footnotes. Note that some footnotes will have link and will lead you to the link's source when clicked

June 10, 2021

Chapter 241

Although Song Chun Gui prepared a room for Xie Bi An, the two did not stay in Yunding, because Fan Wu She is always following him without leaving half a step, so staying here is indeed not appropriate.

So the two of them returned to Lanxi Town, pretended to be travelers and stayed in the inn.

After returning to the inn, Xie Bi An took out the coffin, which was shrunk to the size of his palm, and put it on the table. In fact, he can put it into the qiankun bag directly. Only living things cannot be put inside the qiankun bag, but it is so big that a sedan chair can also be stuffed into it. It's just that if the coffin is treated as an object and is mixed with a pile of miscellaneous things, would be rather disrespectful to the dead, but if it's not put in the bag and swayed around, what will the inside become?

Fan Wu She took a glance, and guessed what Xie Bi An was thinking: "Just put it in the qiankun bag."

"It's not appropriate."

Fan Wu She suddenly felt an influx of grief in his heart: "Then what does big brother like now? Whatever you like, I'll find it for you."

Xie Bi An frowned slightly and didn't answer. He knew what places Fan Wu She would take him to ---- places that would evoke his memories.

Fan Wu She walked up to Xie Bi An, squatted down halfway, supported one hand on his knee, and tilted his head to gaze at him: "You're hungry too, right? At this time, Lanxi Town is full of delicious food. Remember that restaurant you took me to, called Mianyue House? Let's go to that one, okay?"

Xie Bi An turned his face away: "No, let’s just eat at the inn."

"This inn's food is definitely not good. Let's go eat what you like, order a table of dishes and two pots of good wine."

"I don't like to eat anymore." Xie Bi An looked out of the window indifferently, "I am no longer interested in food, drinks, interesting things, and even orchids. I liked those things only because I was young."

Fan Wu She suddenly felt an influx of grieve in his heart: "Then what does big brother like now? Whatever you like, I'll find it for you."

"I don't like anything."

Fan Wu She looked at Xie Bi An's dull and empty gaze in a daze. At this moment, he realized that this person was not speaking in anger, but really did not like anything, and did not look forward to anything anymore. The big brother who loved to travel around, who was curious about everything, who brought him gifts and new flower seeds every time he came home, who loved this world sincerely, has now become gloomy. His eyes were like dusty pearls, no longer emitting the light they once did.

It is because of him. He has turned his favorite person into this look.

Fan Wu She felt as if a knife was piercing his heart. He grabbed Xie Bi An's hand and held it tightly: "You, you'll like them again, okay? This time, no matter what you like, I will guard them with my life. You will never lose them again, you can confidently like them."

Xie Bi An turned his face back. There was a calmness in between his brows and eyes, so calm that it looked like a painting: "I have nothing to lose."

"Big brother!" Fan Wu She’s eyes were full of pain. He endured silently without revealing his timidness, but from his pupils to his voice, he was pleading, "I know I am not qualified to say this, but I want a chance. I want a chance to make you laugh again. I want a chance that we can be together until old age. I know that besides me, you won't let anyone else get close. You are afraid of being alone. Big brother, I beg you, stop resisting me so much. I'm willing to atone for everything I've done wrong. Give me a chance, okay? Otherwise, I won’t give up. I’ll never give up.”

Xie Bi An tried hard to pull back his hand, but Fan Wu She gripped it tightly. He looked numb, but the corners of his eyes were slightly red.

Fan Wu She tilted his neck and exposed his throat to Xie Bi An's hand in a sacrificial manner. That was full of submission and trust. His bright eyes flashed and glittered: "Big brother, Xiao Jiu was wrong, can you forgive me?"

"Don't mention this name again." Xie Bi An said and gritted his teeth.

"I'm going to mention it. I'm big brother's Xiao Jiu." Fan Wu She grabbed Xie Bi An's hand and pressed it on his firm chest, "Last time, when I did something wrong, as long as I admitted my mistake, as long as I repented and mended my ways, you would forgive me. I've made a lot of mistakes this time. Don't give up on me. You can scold me, beat me, and teach me a lesson. Just don't give up on me."

"... That’s enough."

"Big brother, I miss you so much. I want to go back to the old days with you so much." Fan Wu She’s pair of extremely charming fox eyes were covered with a layer of moisture, which looked very soul-stirring.

In an instant, Xie Bi An did not hesitate to slap him with the other hand.

Fan Wu She’s head was tilted as he stared blankly at the ground. A light red palm mark gradually appeared on his jade white face.

"Stop pretending." Xie Bi An said fiercely, "If you did something wrong, you can quibble and act obedient, and I will still forgive you no matter what? But what you have done is evil. What you have done to me and people in the world is unforgivable. The target of your atonement is also not me, but countless innocent living and dead souls!"

Fan Wu She raised his hand and gently stroked the fiery place on his face. Even though he was scolded fiercely, he still felt happy. He revealed an extremely bitter smile: "This is the first time big brother took the initiative to touch me."

"You!"

"Big brother, I will atone for my crimes. To you and to the world. I will set things right, settle the disputes, and bring peace back to the human and ghost worlds. I will protect you and those you want to protect."

"We’ll talk about that after you've done it."

"I will do it." Fan Wu She grabbed that hand again, brought it to his lips and kissed lightly, "I’m insensible. Big brother can teach me more."

Xie Bi An withdrew his hand with strength and stood up.

Fan Wu She also stood up. The sense of oppression brought by height immediately overshadowed the vulnerability created by deliberate subordination, which made Xie Bi An's nerves tense and subconsciously take a small step back.

"I said I would grow taller than you one day." When Fan Wu She stretched out his hand again and saw Xie Bi An was on guard, he pulled the corner of his coat instead, "But even if I am taller than you, or more powerful than you, I will only listen to you."

Xie Bi An's heart trembled violently twice. He had once heard this statement from Zong Zi Xiao when he said to him in a crispy teenage voice that had not yet changed. Now his voice had become deep and hoarse with an imposing manner. They have been drilled roughly into his ears and did not dissipate for a long time.

Like a charm that crossed time and space to respond, it kept on colliding with his heartstrings.

Compared to the force and aggression, this man constantly showed weakness and kindness, which made him feel hard to resist.

----

Xie Bi An still went to the town, but did not go to Mianyue House to eat. They just found a random noodle stall to fill their stomach, and then went to buy a new qiankun bag.

Putting Zong Ming He’s coffin into the qiankun bag, Xie Bi An felt that the matter was finally settled.

The two of them are as usual, with one sleeping on the bed while the other sat on a chair meditating. Xie Bi An had been forced to get used to being inseparable from Fan Wu She. After all, he could not be driven away.

Just then, in the middle of the night, Xie Bi An suddenly felt an itch on his face. He let out a few gibberish words in his sleep and unwittingly turned his body over. Not knowing how long he had been hazy, he suddenly opened his eyes and turned over. Sure enough, he saw Fan Wu She lying beside him.

Xie Bi An felt his scalp go numb. He was stiff for a moment and did not dare to move.

Fan Wu She opened his eyes and actually said frankly: "Big brother, my waist hurts a little."

"Get off." Xie Bi An's heart was burning with rage.

"This bed is so big. I won't touch you." Fan Wu She blinked, "May I?"

"Scram."

Fan Wu She slowly got up and gave Xie Bi An a disappointed glance, "I just want to sleep with big brother. I don't have any unintentional thoughts." He said and got off the bed.

Xie Bi An laid down again, and covered his head with a quilt.

"Don't stuff yourself like this." Fan Wu She said softly, "When I was a child, you always told me I won’t grow tall if I stuff myself in the quilt like this." He was silent for a moment, and sighed, "In a summer like this, you would always fan me, and kill the mosquitoes. You would only sleep when I slept peacefully. Big brother, why did you treat me so well ah? Who can forget the good things you did?”

Xie Bi An clenched the corner of the quilt, and the pain in the chest was unbearable.


----

PS: if I suddenly felt an itch on my face in the middle of the night...I will scream so loud that my whole neighbors will hear me #cockroach

 

Edited on 10 June 21 (Emzie)

 

 ←Previous Chapter                                                                                             Next Chapter→    



5 comments:

  1. Funny now wushe can think of all the good things n how nice his big brother was to him, before it was all the bad n how hypocrite his brother was..
    Wushe is too clingy, I feel itchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably think is a spider. And jump out of bed whilst slapping my own face 😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  3. ngl, ZZX'x grovelling is all quite cringey and that. just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idk how fws is making my long-awaited groveling rather unsatisfactory, but he is.
    -_- Well, I suppose it is in character

    ReplyDelete